LOTS OF EYE CANDY IN SOUTHERN LIVING


I was at the grocery store and flipped through the new Southern Living Magazine the other day. People, it has so much inspiration that I recommend you hurry up and go buy your own copy stat! Honestly, I think it was the cake on the front and the spring-like cover that initially got me but there was so much more. 

First up, this amazing kitchen done by none other than Gil Schafer.  I keep going back to it and find something new each time. Take a minute to soak it all in....


Let's talk about the details here, shall we? 

* The integrated refrigerator on the right hand side looks like gorgeous cabinetry
* That hardware is gorgeous. Do you see that towel bar? 
* In my dream world, I will also have a La Cornue range. These stoves act like jewelry in the kitchen!
* The black granite sink on the left hand side mimics soapstone that would have been used when the home was built

Moving on....the issue also features the home of David Mitchell, a D.C. designer. There is a masculine feel but the details are also fantastic.


I love how David took remnants of sisal carpeting and had them bound together with a fun color. What a great idea! The pops of orange art on the wall bring this entire room together while everything else remains neutral. I also love the lines of that chair. 

After you run out to pick up your own copy and oogle over the fantastic decor in this month's magazine, head over to your kitchen to make this Lemon-Lime Pound Cake that is featured on the cover. YUM!





No comments