COLOR OF THE YEAR: RADIANT ORCHID


I must admit that I was not the biggest fan when I heard the color of the year is Radiant Orchid. Normally I steer clear of colors in the purple range; not because I dislike them but because I would much rather use green or pink or blue.  

After forgetting about the color for a few weeks, I stumbled upon the room at the Atlanta showhouse designed by Lindsey Coral Harper and decided to give the color another try. Lindsey used so much color in this room but with all the layers it comes together and just works. 

I am not as bold as Lindsey and would stray from painting a wall or even bookshelves a color this strong, but I am all for using orchid as an accessory in a room.  Here are some of my favorites options.

Image // lamp // pouf // fabric // pillows // tote

No comments