I have loved the informality of this tablescape ever since I laid eyes on it. Normally I am so focused on the food and cooking while I am entertaining that the tabletop must go together quickly and without much focus. This year we are hosting my in-laws and I am going to try and set the table a day early to avoid throwing some plates on top of a tablecloth and calling it a day.
After going through some magazines I found some items that I would love to add to our table this year. Hopefully I can find a few of these items within the next week to make our table one to remember.
1) With a neutral tablecloth, I would love to add some of these feathers scattered across the middle with some pretty votives for candlelight. I love the texture they add!
2) The napkins would be perfect tied with this ribbon and a little card with each persons place setting.
3) I usually stick to white china but I love the pop of color these plates would give a festive table.
4) Cannot forget the appetizers! I am in love with this set of cheese knives. Perfect since I have the slate board already.
5) The most perfect salt and pepper shaker for a fall tabletop!
6) These inexpensive chargers are casual and add another piece of texture to the table.
7) Layering this fabric as a runner on top of a neutral tablecloth gives the table a pop of color.
Stay tuned on Thursday when I will post some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes from over the years!