SETTING THE TABLE: THANKSGIVING DAY


I have loved the informality of this tablescape ever since I laid eyes on it.  Normally I am so focused on the food and cooking while I am entertaining that the tabletop must go together quickly and without much focus. This year we are hosting my in-laws and I am going to try and set the table a day early to avoid throwing some plates on top of a tablecloth and calling it a day.  

After going through some magazines I found some items that I would love to add to our table this year. Hopefully I can find a few of these items within the next week to make our table one to remember.



1) With a neutral tablecloth, I would love to add some of these feathers scattered across the middle with some pretty votives for candlelight. I love the texture they add!

2)  The napkins would be perfect tied with this ribbon and a little card with each persons place setting.

3)  I usually stick to white china but I love the pop of color these plates would give a festive table.

4)  Cannot forget the appetizers! I am in love with this set of cheese knives. Perfect since I have the slate board already. 

5)  The most perfect salt and pepper shaker for a fall tabletop!

6)  These inexpensive chargers are casual and add another piece of texture to the table.

7)  Layering this fabric as a runner on top of a neutral tablecloth gives the table a pop of color.

Stay tuned on Thursday when I will post some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes from over the years! 


No comments