EXTERIOR/INTERIOR: NEW ENGLAND FARMHOUSE


The Christmas music has already started in this house (against my husband's wishes to keep it to post-Thanksgiving) but with the cold weather it just seems right. We have a busy week and I am making my grocery list for Thanksgiving (and checking it twice) to prepare before our company arrives. 

I grew up having Thanksgiving at my aunt's house and have not been for years since we moved. If given the choice, I think it would be so fun to have a very casual day in a cabin with everyone gathered around a big ole' farmhouse table. Until that day comes, here is a casual dining room to host everyone and anyone for a big Thanksgiving feast!

Clockwise from top left:

1)  This cabin has an old fashioned dining room with some lovely traditional wallpaper

2)  I love the saturated color in this rug. Perfect for hiding any stains from spills. 

3)  This iron chandelier has the look of and antique lamp but goes perfectly over the table.

4)  These placemats are perfect for any occassion.

5)  A classic farm table that can go from day to night. Just look at those legs!

6)  I have been infatuated with everything this guy does ever since I saw his candlesticks at a store in Nantucket. Literally everything is on my wish list. 

7)  Just love these napkins and they work perfect for this Thanksgiving table.

8)  I would add a bench on each side of the table to squeeze in as many people as possible.

9)  Each end of the table would include one of these farmhouse chairs.

No comments