IN THE KITCHEN: PUMPKIN CHIA PUDDING


Now that fall is upon us, I have been making any recipe with pumpkin that I can get my hands on. My daily breakfast includes a green smoothie or chia seed pudding.  I figured I would try adding some pumpkin to my recipe and make this something I can eat for breakfast...or dessert. When I finished making this pudding even my husband asked when I will be making it again. It really is just that good!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours in water)
8-10 dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-3 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
1/2 cup chia seeds
Cacao nibs or shaved chocolate

Directions:

Soak cashews and drain after 4-6 hours.  Add water and non-dairy milk to blender along with next six ingredients. Blend until thoroughly mixed.  Add chia seeds to blender and pulse (a few times) to incorporate into the mixture.  Add to a bowl and whisk a few times. Cover and let rest in fridge for a few hours while it thickens.  

Serve in dishes and top with shaved chocolate or cacao nibs.  Enjoy!

Serves 4-6 

2 comments

LindsB said...

umm hello! Where are you when I need a sweet fix! Can you please move back up here already??

Emily said...

Hopefully someday i'll be back there Lindsay. In the meantime, why don't you come visit me!! :)