EXTERIOR/INTERIOR: CAPE STYLE HOME


Having grown up in a Cape style home (while living on Cape Cod) I came to love the layout with the spacious first floor and basement. The upstairs was a little oasis for my sisters and me while my parents room occupied the first floor. On top of that, the finished basement was a place to escape and build forts, have sleepovers and hang out. The Cape Cod style home above is perfection with that cedar roof and the screened-in porch. Add the black shutters and portico over the front door and you have a home that is welcoming for guests and family alike. 

I decided to tackle the dining room in this weeks post. Oftentimes small and open to the first floor, you can get creative with a dining room in this style home. I would keep things casual but quaint yet include some terrific lighting and window treatments with a little extra detail.



No comments