EXTERIOR/INTERIOR: FEDERAL-STYLE FARMHOUSE


There is a good chance that if Gil Shafer has a home featured in a magazine (that I do not currently subscribe to) I will be at the register purchasing it within seconds.  I find his work to be truly inspiring and love every single detail he never seems to overlook.  The fall season probably has something to do with it, but as soon as the crisp air hits, I immediately want to purchase a home in the country, watch the trees change color, and decorate with plaids, stripes and any items that include orange, green and brown. 

This home reminds me of the homes in New England that I drive by whenever I visit.  For this weeks feature I began thinking about a room with a fireplace, a cozy sofa and a place to sit and put your feet up. The details here work for a casual family room or library.


plaid // leather // animal print // bowl // lamp // rug // blanket // art // sofa // image


No comments