Friday Fare - Strawberry Salsa


I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July and celebrated in style.  One of my favorite things to make for cookouts or parties during the summer is strawberry salsa. My mom has been making this for years and it is a nice change from your regular tomato salsa. When strawberries are in season I make this as often as possible. At times, I just take to it with a spoon, it's just that good. Crowds love this and I the best part is is the fact that it is so EASY to make.


Ingredients:

1 cup strawberries chopped
1 cup kiwis chopped
1/2 cup scallions diced
1/2 cup yellow pepper diced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons sugar
cilantro
pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions:

Add first 6 ingredients to food processor. Pulse until combined. Throw in cilantro (I am a big fan so I add a good handful) and pulse one or two more times.  Add to serving dish and stir in a dash of cayenne if you like the heat. 



No comments