Friday Fare: Lemon Chia Sparkler


I am a huge fan of chia seeds. Most weeks I make a batch of this chia seed pudding that even my husband loves to have for breakfast.  Chia seeds are high in protein, antioxidants and fiber.  They are oftentimes referred to as a "superfood" and I for one will not stop consuming them anytime soon.

This drink is easy to make and perfect for a hot summer day when regular lemonade just isn't cutting it anymore.  For those of you that like it spiked, I recommend topping it off with a little vodka or gin.

Lemon Chia Sparkler
Serves 3 large glasses or 4 short

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup water
juice from 2-3 lemons
1/4 cup sugar
club soda
lemon wedges for garnish

Directions:

Combine water and chia seeds and refrigerate 6-8 hours (it will become gelatinous). Heat lemon juice and sugar in saucepan over stove until combined.  Remove from heat and refrigerate until cold. Fill 3 tall or 4 short glasses with ice.  Divide sugar syrup and chia mixture evenly between glasses.  Top with club soda. I squeezed a bit more lemon juice on top but feel free to top with vodka or gin. Stir until combined.



2 comments

Day Old News said...

I love them too! I will have to try this variation.

KAR said...

Have I ever professed my love of chia seeds to you? It's bordering on out of control. I will be trying this spiked!