Bruised


I know August is almost here and we are in the midst of summer, but this is the time I often begin thinking about fall.  All the visions of lighter summer food and fashion seem to go by the wayside as I turn to the feeling of fall.  

Oftentimes, that means deeper color palettes for fashion and home decor.  One of the color combinations that I love and find so sophisticated is navy blue and black.  Call me crazy, as I know of a few people that would never dare mix these two colors.  I find that when done correctly, these two colors marry together and produce fabulous results. 


 Also, if you see Olivia Palermo in any of these color combinations, you know it must be chic.


When adding these colors in the home, the best bet is to stick to a palette with less pattern. A navy blue wall with a black console is gorgeous with simple art and I would suggest adding some brass tones or brown to warm up the space. Windsor Smith managed perfection in her own dining room below. The natural light and wooden table really lighten up the space. 


In my opinion, Aerin Lauder can do no wrong. Here in her office she displays a beautiful dark cabinet with lighter walls. The light and gold accents are perfection.


Finally, done in a much more traditional sense, this dining room blends navy walls with the right amount of black. It is warm and welcoming with the sisal rug, while remaining both casual and sophisticated at the same time. 


Are these colors that you would mix in the home or in your wardrobe? Is anyone else ready for fall like me?


1 comment

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i love navy so much. in actually any season. but i also love fall. so navy + fall = perfect!!!