A "glamtradistic" bedroom!

As you can imagine, I have about 1000 photos stored in my "home inspiration" file saved on my computer in addition to the magazine spreads I have lying around in every single room. Turns out my style goes from rustic to traditional to all-out glam. So, do you think glamtradistic is a "style"?

I am lining up some posts around my inspiration for the rooms in our home but just stumbled upon this lovely bedroom on lux & lilies here.  Currently I have loads of blues up on our bedroom walls because I was going to take the plunge but now that may not be the case anymore....


I would say this qualifies as "glamtradistic" wouldn't you?? (I may trademark this style!)

Some of my favorites:
1. HELLO shag rug...I want to wake up every morning and step on you!
2. This bed is amazing. Can we note the touches of gold? perfection!
3. I love the long drapes and then the touch of fabric that matches on the window next to the bed. Did you catch that?
4. Every room needs a little bit of nature. That tree makes a huge impact here and it is awesome!




I would also like to say a big THANKS to Chic Coles for tagging me as a chic blogger!! Love the site makeover!

8 comments

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

This bedroom is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it and the colors are amazing!

Sarah said...

I LOVE "glamtradistic"! And, yes, that rug...how lovely that would feel on my feet in the mornings. I love my hardwoods...but, this just feels so cozy!

Secret Dream World of Fe said...

Hey, loving the catch-phrase. Glamtradistic! Haha!

Natalie said...

This room is gorgeous! I just found your blog and am loving all of your posts, your wedding pictures are stunning!

Dressed said...

When I first looked at this room I wasn't sure what to think but I am loving it more and more. Great phrase - copyright that fast!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

you are hilarious. can't wait to see what you do with the new place

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I love those lamps and the print pillow in the bed - so pretty. It all has a very subtle global flair. Try adding that to "glamtradistic"! :)

Kirsten said...

I am in the same boat, but I have yet to coin a term that nails my style.....I have a schizo design sense. I am going to need a house with LOTS of rooms, haha.