What a year!!!



I must say that 2010 was quite a year for me! Between planning a wedding and getting married, I also moved to a new state and we bought our first home. There were times when all of this brought me to tears and other times when I had to pinch myself for all of the excitement going on in my life! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful support system from my family and friends and also want to thank all of you, my loyal readers, for encouraging me when times were tough.

Over the years Rob has rubbed off on me a bit as he never believes in New Years Resolutions. I used to be all for them but as he said long ago, "Why wait when you can start right now?" I always liked the idea of getting to "wait" before the resolutions kicked in but now I have taken on the mentality that you can start whenever you want! I will always begin the year with this little challenge as it's a great way to get back on track after all those holiday dinners.

I do get a little excited about the January issue of Whole Living Magazine. For the past two years, I have taken part in their 28 Day Action Plan to detox and get back on track after the holidays. It's a wonderful way to get back to eating healthy meals, reduce stress and exercise more. I will admit, the first week is by far the most difficult but once through, the rest of the challenge is a breeze! I urge you all to go pick up a copy or follow online if you're looking to detox a bit for 2011 and know you will not be disappointed!  I will try to post an update here every week and I would love to hear from anyone else that is partaking in the plan!


Tonight some friends are coming to visit and we will be ringing in the new year decked out watching an 80's cover band. Seriously, I bought about 10 "outfits" and hopefully I'll post my pick here tomorrow!
I wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

5 comments

Dahl said...

Sounds like you had quite an amazing year! I'm glad it's been so exciting--getting married and moving, wow! That 28 day challenge sounds like a great idea, and I like your perspective on "why wait?" with resolutions. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

Michelle Elisabeth said...

I'm doing the 28 day challenge too! It's my first year. I'm looking forward to seeing what the results will be in February!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

happy new year!!! now, when are you posting wedding pics!? :) lol

dCc said...

Happy New Year darling! What a wonderful year 2010 was for you - I hope that 2011 is even better! Love your blog

xo,
dCc

Party Resources said...

I just found your blog through my Elizabeth at Pretty Pink Tulips. What a fun blog! I am also based in Boston. Cheers, Kate