Our Wedding Day (Part 1)

Alright, I know you've all been waiting for these shots, or so I've been told! I am still waiting for my camera cord and was hoping to do a sequence of events here from rehersal dinner to honeymoon but why not just get right to it instead?

I can honestly say that our wedding day was the most incredible day of my life, so far. Knocking on wood is something I should do except the day is already over. Nothing went wrong at all (that I knew about at least) and could not have been happier! Now I continue to think back and wonder how something can go by so quickly but at the same time I think it's helped me live in the moment a bit more.

We got married in a church but the wedding weekend went down at Lord Thompson Manor. Truly one of the most amazing sites (that I could fine!) in Connecticut. The staff is impeccable as is everything they put their hands on and you literally have an entire wedding weekend here from the rehersal dinner on Friday to the final brunch on Sunday. In my opinion, it doesn't get better than that when you're in the "quiet corner of Connecticut" with not much else to do. 

Getting ready...


I seriously LOVED my shoes. Not a day goes by where I'd regret that purchase!

My grandmothers cameo went on my bouquet. I absolutely love that pin! Funny story on my perfume. I went to buy something I have never worn before. The day I got to Nordstrom they told me that they had an engraver there so I had him put the date on the bottle!

My handsome man getting ready!

My dress, I still want to wear it...I may pull a Friends and hang out on the couch with it one day soon. Anyone want to join me?

Our first look! I was against this and wanted the church aisle to be our first look, but all of our pictures would have been in the dark so I went against it. Seeing Rob prior to the church actually calmed me down!



Our photographers were absolutely wonderful. Husband and wife team, Justin and Mary Marantz are amazing. I would recommend them for anyone in the CT area that's looking for a wedding photographer!

I'll post more soon!

13 comments

Robynne said...

Your photographs are gorgeous! I can't wait to see more.

P.S. I'll join you with my dress on the couch! I love it, and wish I could wear it again :)

LindsB said...

You look amazeballs!!!!!!!!!! These were TOTALLY worth the wait, I love love love your dress!! woooohoooo for married ladies!!

Sharon R said...

Gorgeous, stunning, absolutely amazing! These photos will land on someone else's inspiration board! Definitely magazine worthy, both in style, taste and capturing the essence of the wedding day. Can't wait to see more! CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope you are doing well! (but I know you are!)

Megan said...

Holy smokes- what a beuatiful bride you were! I'm so happy for you and so excited for you to share more of your beautiful day. I love the little details you've shared so far especially the cameo and the perfume. You're style was so timeless; you'll love these pictures forever!

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous and classy bride you were! Oh, and those shoes...you need to frame those (or send them my way...just kidding!!)

The Mom said...

So happy for you both. Love the pics that you posted. The joy simply radiates from you! Happy Wedding! Happy New Year! Many Blessings!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Your dress is stunning! How neat that your wedding-day perfume bottle was engraved with your wedding date!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

you look amazing!! amazing!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! I'm so that that your day went as flawlessly as you looked. Congrats again!!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Congrats! You looked gorgeous. Love the idea of engraving the perfume bottle.

Rhiannon Nicole said...

You look amazing!!! Gorgeous photos :) Congrats!! Off to see part 2!! xo

Haven and Home said...

I am so glad I got to see these! You are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! You dress is to-die-for. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed part 2 as well!v

Arianna Belle {Organized Interiors} said...

Just found you through pinterest and enjoying your beautiful blog! You looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day!