Honeymoon Guest Post {Journey Chic}

Laura from Journey Chic is a fabulous new mommy and was one of the first Boston bloggers that I met over a year ago. She's been busy fixing up her home while tending to new motherhood duties. Laura, thank you so much for the participating while I am away soaking up some sun!!

**********************************************************************************

Hi! I'm Laura from JourneyChic, and I love all things weddings and decor, so Perfectly Put Together is totally my bag, baby. I'm happy to be here today while Emily is off getting hitched!



In the past, my husband's cousins have chosen unique locations for their nuptials - in 2009 we ventured to castles near the Scottish Highlands and the French countryside. This time, it's Costa Rica! Although I don't know what my cousin-in-law's fiancee has planned for the big day, it's fun to think about the possibilities - all of which are very different from my New England country club wedding.



1. Much the way you might decorate a room based on beautiful fabric, I mocked up this seaside wedding scheme using pretty paper from Paper Source as my inspiration. Although this decorative paper is actually a Japanese design (not exactly Costa Rican!), I loved the variety of blues. Wrap the paper around favor boxes, use it as a background for menu cards, table numbers, and place cards.

2. I'm not a fan of invitations that are super theme-y, but this set from Wedding Paper Divas is elegant while still setting the stage for a beach-side ceremony. Zoom in and see that the coral looks almost like a watercolor painting, with hints of both orange and red.

3. A gorgeous, rich shade of ocean blue in silk chiffon from J. Crew is lovely for the bridesmaids. The ladies will appreciate the flattering and comfortable silhouette.

4. A bold bouquet of orange roses and blue delphiniums ties in the invitation. Image from The Knot.

5. Rice paper votive holders in blue, orange, and red clustered at the reception bring the coral to the table. I would group them in threes of the same color and alternate the colors per table.

6. Faux coral is a more eco-friendly option for decorating the reception and ceremony with the ocean's natural sculptures. Spray paint them red or orange to make the tables pop even more, or keep them their "natural" shade.



Let's not forget the gown! I love this flowing, elegant gown from Wtoo (style name is "Sylvia"). The floral embroidery is pretty but subtle, and some of the tiny flowers look like stars (or starfish!). Not to mention that the one-shoulder strap is sexy! I think any woman would feel like a goddess in this gown at her seaside wedding.


Thanks again for having me, Emily! I hope your big day is everything you've dreamed of!

(Image via Watters.com)

6 comments

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

The dress is so pretty- I like the coral theme...perfect for CR! :)

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Thanks for having me, Emily! Hope you're having a fabulous honeymoon!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I like the coral theme too! It's perfect for Costa Rica. And I am a big fan of Wedding Paper Divas! They have chic and affordable invitations and thank you notes in so many wonderful prints!

Emily I hope you are having a great honeymoon!!!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

What a pretty, non-traditional theme for a wedding.

Averill said...

What a pretty theme (LOVE that Japanese paper) and a gorgeous dress. Also, very jealous you gotten to jet off to so many fab locations for weddings. The only destination weddings I've been to are Cancun and the Florida gulf coast!

Kristin said...

That gown is just gorgeous! Loooooove!