Honeymoon Guest Post {Haven & Home}

Everyone that reads Marianne's blog, Haven & Home knows that she's a wonderful designer with a big heart.  I had the opportunity to meet Marianne in NY at the Nate Berkus taping and she is as fabulous in person (as is her dad!). Marianne, thanks so much for your guest post while I am away. I cannot wait to get into our new home to begin decorating once the wedding and honeymoon are over!

*********************************************************************************

Hi Everyone!

I am so happy to be here today while Emily is away getting married! Yeah! I have always loved Emily and we were lucky enough to met in NYC. I can confirm she is as wonderful in person as she is on Perfectly Put Together. When she asked me to guest post I started thinking about what happens after you get married and life goes back to normal. It is so important to have an inviting home where you and your husband came relax in comfort. I found some images on House Beautiful that I thought accomplished just that.


Comfortable sofas and a large ottoman are great items to start with-



Of course a neutral color palette is always calming-



It seems most men request a deep sofa. With this one you don't have to sacrifice design for comfort-


Traditional does not have to equal old and boring, this updated traditional room is stunning-



Not a neutral color type of couple, this picture is a great example of how color can be soothing as well-


It was great to be here today! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about Emily's wedding when she returns!

5 comments

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

A comfortable home was a necessity when I was a newlywed-we had no money to go out! Great images Marianne.

paula said...

love all the images. I adore comfort and yes Marianne is quite wonderful. Congrats Emily!

Splendid Sass said...

Love the second image, especially. Lovely rooms, Marianne.
have a great day.
Teresa

Lauren said...

Love these images, they definitely look welcoming for a young couple to come home to. I would imagine most have the struggle of feminine vs. masculine, these rooms seem to handle that nicely as well.

Krystal said...

Lovely guest post, lady! I love the white sitting room so much :)