What wood you choose?

Alright - I realized this may be the lamest title to any post here, but I am not changing anything. Lately, I've been thinking about wood floors. I know, sounds strange, right? It seems leverytime I flip through a shelter mag, I focus on the floors. Oftentimes, I find myself swearing I'll only live in a (future) home with gorgeous, dark wood floors. Well, times are changing, and so is my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I still love the looks of perfect dark floors but now appreciate everything in between. Here are some of my favorites:

This image of Chloe Sevigny's entryway has made it's way around the world of blogs and back but I still love those floors (perhaps more than the wallpaper).

Okay, I'm sold. I could possibly sleep on this floor!

Perfect, along with that light, which I'm also happy to discuss because I am in LOVE!

Why stop on the floors when you can add to the doorway?

So what is your favorite? In terms of cleaning, I am guessing the dark is MUCH harder to maintain but it could be worth the work.


(Images via House Beautiful, Elle Decor,  Canadian House and Home, House Beautiful, Canadian House and Home, Robyn and Hillary Hayne Design)

13 comments

In the Tweeds said...

I may be biased (since it's in our house) but I'm a personal fan of the unstained-just-polyed-original-pine-floor look! :) The floors in Chole's house are amazing!

Ashley said...

My parent's house has all wood floors, in a color similar to the first picture, but not distressed at all. I think they're so light and fresh, without being too country.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I'm glad I don't have to choose because I love each of these. I just love hardwood floors! The rustic one in the first pic as well as the bleached ones in the second are so wonderful. But I also love dark, finished floors too. :)

Lindsey said...

I personally love the dark - that's just me!! It may be harder to clean but boy is it gorgeous!!!!!!

LindsB said...

While I love the dark wood floors I HATE the cleaning that comes with them. You can see ever spec of dust, dirt, etc. on them and just for that reason alone I could not have them because it would drive me to a mental hospital haha. I would have to go with an inbetween color- but it would have to be the right shade. Not too yellowish, not to redish, not to brownish :)

Sarah Lynne said...

I'd take wood floors any way I could get them!

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

my favey is easily that first one, the entryway. I love how rough-hewn the wood looks. So gorgeous!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I love the look of dark wood, but worry that they're very trendy right now. Also, they'd be impossible to keep clean in my house with all that cat hair! We have red oak floors and I like them a lot.

Lisa Murphy said...

So glad you enjoyed the House & Home shots! Please feel free to hyperlink to www.houseandhome.com Thanks so much! Lisa Murphy

carlee said...

I could sleep on that floor too. Love the floors in the first image. Hope to see you within the next few weeks!

Michelle said...

Them's some hot floors! If I could choose for myself, it would be wide plank oak, no stain, with a wax on them, so they age beautifully, lots of patina, easy to clean...ahhhhh

Day Old News said...

I'm still in love with dark wood floors. I can't have hardwood in my condo which makes me so upset, but it's a must for my next home.

paula said...

love everything about this post. When we built our house we ordered a lighter floor but they messed up and put dark ones in. I like them but still wish they were lighter. oh, they paid us to keep the floors :)