Tie-the-Knot Tuesday {simplicity wins}

Lately I have been trying to pare things down and suddenly, I want to clear the clutter out of all aspects of my life.  I threw out old makeup I never wore, gave a couple bags of clothing to Goodwill and finally went through all things wedding and got rid of everything I do not need. It really feels GOOD too. What makes it such a great exercise (I try to do this at least once or twice a year) is to see how far I have come. I tossed lipsticks that I never imagined I would wear and ripped things out of wedding magazines that are SO not me. In the end, I have a clearer picture of the things I do love.

With weddings, there are so many sources and places for inspiration, it gets overwhelming at times (or all the time). One day I am all about the color and the next I want just what's necessary, and simple.  After a weekend long pre-marriage program, I flashed back to all the things this wedding is really about (not that I forgot, but the details make it easy to lose focus)

When I saw this wedding photograhed by Aaron Delesie the simple details struck me as so calming. This lets you instantly focus on the love between the couple. Isn't that what's it is all about?

Could she look any happier?



5 comments

Chic Coles said...

Very calming and beautiful.A clear picture can be gained with organization.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

LOVE this wedding! right down to the glossy floor!

Sharon said...

It's definitely all about the marriage, not the wedding, but I just KNOW that your wedding is going to be spectacular and memorable in so many ways, just like you!

LindsB said...

Want to come clean out my house while you are on this cleaning kick? I could use some simplicity in my life lately :)

Simple City Life said...

OMG! This is gorgeous and confirms my love for SIMPLICITY! Thanks for sharing, Emily.

Warmly, Misty