Tie-the-Knot Tuesday {serenity now}

Today is only Tuesday and I am having what you might call a "rough week". I literally cannot believe there are three more work days left. Fingers crossed they go by FAST. Between this and the wedding planning, I am starting to freak out a bit. Normally I have been a cool, calm and collected bride but with less than 4 months to go (actually closer to 3) I may have had a mini meltdown. Please tell me everyone goes through this stage during the planning!

Leaving some things to the last minute has not been the most wise decision but se la vie, right? This week we have already done the following:

1) Ordered invitations
2) Made appointments with baker and florist
3) Made appointment for pre-wedding hair/makeup
4) Picked out the flower girl dress (yes, I know I'm late on this one)

Seeing the list does make me happy to check off a few more items on the to-do list for sure. My one question for all of you?


Church music. People have suggested trumpeters, an organist, a string quartet. I have something I'm working on but not certain I can pull it off so those details will have to wait until later. If any of you have any suggestions at all, I'd love to hear them!



(Image via Google Images (not my church))

9 comments

In the Tweeds said...

You can make it! :) You're not alone, every bride-to-be goes through the meltdown.

We did a string quartet and I LOVED it. They did introductory music for ~45 min before the ceremony, did the music for the ceremony songs (3?, along with my sister who sang 1 song), and then did cocktail music for ~1 hr after the ceremony. I LOVED the tone it set and it was really pleasant since it was an outdoor ceremony and reception. Really classy. Good luck deciding!

Paige said...

I had a friend who had an all male a cappella group sing at her wedding and it was absolutely beautiful! They sang a few hymns and a few songs that meant a lot to the couple. Maybe that's something you'd like?

Design Esquire said...

Everyone has at least one meltdown, don't feel bad.

For our church music, the church gave us a CD to pick songs. We chose to have a male singer (provided by the church) because my mother-in-law said the female singer at the church wasn't that great. I loved the way he sang. I still have the electronic proofs of our program - let me know if you want me to forward them. They list all the songs we chose, etc. We didn't have a trumpet or anything at the ceremony, but we did have a piano player at the hotel for the cocktail reception. It only cost $150, so I think it added a lot of bang for the buck.

Laura Mattal said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling crazed right now! But truly, everyone has these moments when planning a wedding. I had a LOT
of them. You are so far ahead of where I was at three months out. I literally was on the phone with my florist two weeks before the wedding (during exam period, no less) deciding what our table centerpieces would look like. You, on the other hand, have it totally together, so never fear!

As for music, I think string quartets are gorgeous at weddings. But my husband is a cellist, so I am a wee bit biased. ;) Seriously, though, if you want to go that route and are looking for players, please let me know. Paul knows lots of really good players in the area.

LindsB said...

If it makes you feel better I'm getting married in March and the only things I have are the place and my dress- yikes!

You are going to be the most beautiful bride and you will get everything done in no time!

Rebecca said...

Just a thought, but my friend lives in NYC (close to Boston - assuming that is where you are getting hitched??). I'm hoping that it works out that she can fly out to Minneapolis for our wedding next June. I'll email you her link - she is fabulous!!!

Deliciously Organized said...

You are allowed multiple meltdowns. Lets get drinks soon!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

We were only allowed to use the church pianist and vocalist. At first I was upset, but it really did make things easier not to have any choice--we just got to pick from selected songs. Same with flowers/decoration. They only allowed two arrangements up front. I would have liked to do more but it saved me a bundle.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I had a flute and classical guitar combination - they were wonderful and reasonably priced. They had a very good selection of religious and non-religious music. http://www.allabreveduo.com/

They're based in Concord, MA.