A match made in heaven

My taste in decor goes from one end of the spectrum to the other in about two seconds flat. Browsing through magazines featuring beach homes makes me crazy for a simple, all white palette to work with while old homes with dark wood and colors seem so...cozy. After staring at the photos of John Dransfield and Geoffrey Ross' Georgian Revival estate, I realized they married both dark and light palettes so perfectly I ripped all the pages out of Elle Decor immediately!

The one room that stood out to me in particular was the kitchen. For months I've been talking about how someday I want a kitchen with black cabinets but then go straight back to nixing that and wanting a white palette (keep in mind, this is my "pretend imagination"). Between the white cabinets, the dark walls and the black antique cabinet, I think I have finally found I can have my cake and eat it too. And can't we all agree that it doesn't get better than that?


5 comments

LindsB said...

I love that black armoire in the kitchen, it makes it more of a living room then kitchen which I love!

stylebyrachael said...

I agree, I love the black against the gray/green walls and the bright white cabinets. Elegant and homey at the same time.

Lauren said...

The color of those walls is fantastic! I would never think of it for a kitchen but this really works with the bright airy-ness of the rest of the space.

Stephanie said...

I have been loving the gold trim on black furniture lately. I've also been trying to wear more gold, after almost 20 years of saying I never look good in gold:)

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

This is the best of both worlds! And not only do I love the black cabinets and the white cabinets, I am DROOLing over the gray-green on the walls. Gorgeous.