Dreaming of a pantry...

When life is hectic, my type-A personality usually turns on an the compulsive organizer comes out. This includes lists of things to get done (which i have running all over the place right now) and then some. At work, I go and orgaznize my desk and mail folders. When I'm home, it's folding all my clothes and organizing drawers as if they were a display at your local retail store (I know, it's horrible and comes from years of experience working at those stores!). Afterwards, I usually hit up the kitchen to clean out the fridge, or worse yet...the cabinets. I'm not sure why but I loathe this task. Some organizing comes so easy to me but other times, I never know what's best. Baking items separate from spices? Canned goods with all the pasta and cereal? Of course these are not things to stress over, but I always go back to function over form. Cereal near the fridge...check. Spices near the stove...check.

All this talk just leaves me to daydreaming about a gorgeous pantry in my (fingers crossed) future kitchen. Imagine having everyhting out of the way from guests, but a spot to look and see EVERYTHING organized? Well I do and if you do as well, you can appreciate these...






(Images via Country Living, Container Store, Molly Fray Design, Woman's Day, Ruthie Sommers, Unknown)

7 comments

julie Bogdanski said...

there is not enough stuff in those pantries! i enjoy the full look, more of a challenge!

Jo said...

How I would love to have a walk in pantry ~ ahhh ... a girl can dream!

Just found you and will be following along.

Jo

Jenna @ Mi Vida Bonita said...

those images are truly a moment of ZEN. awwwwww. So nice! There is nothing better than organization.

Pink to Green said...

I'm the same way, these are dreamy!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

ha! meeeeee toooooo! I dream of a kitchen where 2 people can comfortably stand in it at the same time:) My pantry is currently a Billy Bookcase from ikea.

LindsB said...

is this on your list of things to have in a house? How is the house search going btw?

Hazel Williams said...

I only have one word in regards to pantries... TUPPERWARE!! I love it, I can't get enough of it!! :) Hazel