Tie-the-Knot Tuesday {setting your table}



Now that I'm in full wedding mode all I've been thinking about is what to register for. To be honest, it has been a bit stressful. I want to choose timeless, practical items. Most people say that if you don't register for china you will probably never buy it yourself. Luckily, I have an aunt gifting me one of her china sets and my mother giving me my grandmother's silverware.  I could not be more excited about having these specials gifts, plus, the way I entertain, I'll only ever use china on holidays (when I live in a home where I can actually host) or special occassions.  I will admit, looking at all the possible settings for china makes me giddy and I think I could "play house and set the table" every single day while choosing different combinations.

Brides.com has a great partnership with Bloomingdales and a "Set Your Table Top Tool" where my imagination can run wild. I took a few stabs at these mostly outrageous settings because, well, pretending never gets old!

For everyday, I love the basketweave plates and this charger....so fun!

Black makes a statement for a ladies brunch; the dragonfly on the Kate Spade June Lane collection is just right. With this setting, no fancy napkins or tableclothes are needed.
Who can resist the Hermes orange? If I walked into a home with a tabletop that stands out like this, I'd be the first one sitting down!

So tell me, what are your thoughts on china? Unnecesary, or good to keep around for those special occassions?

1 comment

Design Esquire said...

That is so nice of your aunt and mother to give you family pieces. It will always be more special to you.

I must admit, I don't use my china that much, but I love it and am glad that we got it. I really think the old saying is true - yoe'll never buy it for yourself later.