Take a dip and cool off

Today, it felt like 100 degrees in Boston. It's tough to even move in this weather and I am wishing we had central air right about now. Moving is almost too much so the windows are open while we sit and wait for "a breeze". How about you?

Although I usually daydream about gorgeous interiors, tonight I am dreaming about the outdoors. Not just any outdoors but I'm thinking a big patio that leads to a pool. Living near the ocean will always be on the top of my list, but walking outdoors to jump in a pool is quickly coming in second place.

As if this is nott perfection. You have the best of both worlds for those times when you don't feel like getting all sandy on the beach!


I also want to wish a very happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, including my own dad. Thanks for always staying calm, when you really wanted to wonder why I may have made some very silly decisions throughout the years!


(Images 1,2 and 3 via Coastal Living, Southern Living and Southern Accents)

9 comments

SogniSorrisi said...

I'll take the first one!!

Design Esquire said...

Those pools look so refreshing! We hosted my husband's whole family yesterday and it was SO HOT. I wish people could have spent more time outside, but the air was just stagnant. Thanks for the cool images!

rosiecampbell said...

The first one is also my favorite. But I wouldn't say no to any of them!

Fé... said...

OMG, Emily!!!! This new layout is drop-dead gorgeous. Lovely3! I wish I could have been here more often. Shoot. Sorry for my absence. I just realize how much I'm missing you... Gosh.... And this post is amazing! Seducing indeed :p

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Any pool is to die for right now...though I am not complaining about the summer weather, finally! :)

Hope you had a nice father's day!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I have to agree with you. It's a bit steamy in NY as well.

Totally miss having central air back at Mom and Dad's.

Pink to Green said...

It's been sweltering in Charlotte too; these look like a great place to cool off!

Deliciously Organized said...

I NEED a pool!

Missfittgirl said...

I agree with you on the central AC, it has been soooo hot here the past few days! Omg, I would be happy with any of those pools. I especiallt like the one in the second picture that is right outside the doors....but I wonder if it would be a hassle in reality? Haha, I suppose I can wonder all I want:) I'm not getting that beautiful pool anytime soon:)