Simple Living

It's been a very busy weekend and as always, I cannot believe it's Monday...again. Between the heat in Boston, the humidity and the crazy rain we've had, I'm ready for a vacation.  Spending sunny days lying on the beach, cooking delicious food and catching up on my reading sounds good right about now. If I had the chance, I'd escape to one of the islands around us and hopefully stay in a home like this. Simple and clutter-free. 
I'd love to walk to the pool and swim, while enjoying a nice cold glass of lemonade....

And in the afternoon, come sit on the porch as the sun sets to read for a bit...

Before I retreat to this kitchen to prepare a simple dinner.

And end the day lounging here with family and friends.


(Images via Chicago Home + Garden; designed by Stephen Knollenberg)

4 comments

Stephanie Sabbe said...

We're going to Hilton Head at the end of the month...can't wait.

Haven and Home said...

I want a vacation too, a LONNNNGGGGG one! In this house preferably.....

Creategirl said...

This house is just fantastic! The covered porch overlooking the pool, great idea. This going in my someday folder...for when I can actually afford a NE beach house. Thanks for sharing!

Kristin said...

I would love to enjoy a cocktail while rocking on that beautiful front porch!