Love those props....


While flipping through the new Canadian House & Home I found Lara McGraw, a prop and food stylist who knows how to throw a fabulous gathering at the last minute. Not only is her kitchen amazing (you'll have to get the magazine to see it) but her work is too. I am always impressed with anyone that can style food and bring all those pictures to life that I LOVE looking at in magazines. Seriously, I just spent a good half hour just staring at the images on her site

Her holiday styles are impeccable but I fell for this pretty outdoor tablescape. I'm guessing by the pumpkins that this is for a fall party but I love the pops of purples on the bright green lawn. Perfect for a summer gathering!



I'm thinking add a little bit of red and you can call this your 4th of July party!

9 comments

Mi Vida Bonita said...

Beautiful new layout! I love it. The table setting is lovely as well.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Love this one Emily! I wanted those chairs at my wedding but they were a bit out of the budget ($12/chair in Nashville) We had the regular white wood folding ones. Tear. Let's get a drink soon!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

So simply and elegant- love the flower colors.

Haven and Home said...

Ah!!!! So pretty!

Deliciously Organized said...

It really is stunning! I wish we could have a party here this weekend!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Love this! I can't believe I still haven't subscribed to this magazine.

Every month I have to pay over $5 for it. I should just do it and have it sent right to my house!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Love that cream and wine color palette. So pretty!

Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

thank you for your sweet comments this week :) i LOVE this tablescape — those little pumpkins are too cute! i swear i love everything i see from canadian house & home but i imagine it would be rather pricey to subscribe from the u.s. so i suppose i'll stick with their website for now. have a lovely weekend!

The Zhush said...

That magazine seems to always have it going on...this is no exception! Thanks for posting it here!