Future Grizzly Woman?

Elle Decor is one of my very favorite shelter magazines and is a constant source of inspiration. After meeting the VERY lovely Margaret Russell with Linds, Carlee and Stephanie recently, I am ready to go purchase dozens of shift dresses and begin doing push-ups daily. Having never seen Margaret in anything other than a shift dress, I now know why. It WORKS. She's perfectly elegant and I only hope I age that well!

While I learned that the August 2002 issue is the best selling copy of the magazine ever, I tend to think the more recent issues go above and beyond.  The June issue showcased A-List Designers and five of them are listed as "Designers to Watch". While I am not familiar with Marie Turner, the Mountain Retreat she designed has this city girl ready to pack the bags and run to the hills. I promise to hike and ski and be adventurous, although I'll never be the future "Grizzly Woman".


Are you convinced yet? I love the exterior as much as I love everything inside!

 



Clearly, Marie Turner is one to watch, especially since she just got me, a girl who usually goes for the glamour and glitz, wanting to move to the mountains.

(Images via melledesign)

7 comments

yvonne@designvignettes said...

Stunning! I really like the neutral palette used in these spaces,allowing the outside view to take center stage.

Isn't it nice to know that we Bostonians are just a short ride away from mountain air?!

Design Esquire said...

It is GORGEOUS! Wow.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

#1 love the title of this post

#2 I think my husband I would agree that this is awesome

Deliciously Organized said...

I had so much fun with you Emily!

I definitely think you could handle being a grizzly woman for that gorgeous retreat!

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Isn't margaret a doll? She's such a pint-sized package of style and poise.

And yes, this house is such a stunner. That galley kitchen in particular SLAYS me!

ghost chair said...

wow. I've never been more easily convinced in my life! such beautiful understated elegance!

paula said...

I want to love here for sure! wow.