A few things {My style defined and a special birthday}

This week From The Right Bank asked bloggers to find one picture that defines our style. Now, this is basically an impossible task for me, but I love a good challenge. My taste in decor goes from modern chic to traditional from one day to the next. If I had to decorate a home tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'd take all of the images from my "inspiration folder" and realize putting it all together will look ridiculous. Either way, I've had this image saved for some time. It's the home of David DeMattei and Patrick Wade, two men who work for Williams-Sonoma Home and West Elm (Patrick Wade was recently announced CEO of Lucky Brand Jeans). The dark chocolate walls with the crystal chandalier and the cozy couches are a perfect blend (not to mention a hint of animal print). I would be happy to walk home and into this living room any day! So what's your style?


And today I'm celebrating. Actually, Rob and I are celebrating....his birthday! I am so happy to spend yet another year with this man and what an exciting year we have, wedding and all. It's a scorcher here in Boston but we're off to enjoy the weather and a special dinner tonight.  I love you Rob!

3 comments

SogniSorrisi said...

Happy Birthday to Rob and this is a lovely room you've chosen! I like modern glam...Hollywood Regency-inspired rooms.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

You're the second person to post this room and I can see why! :) And I didn't know the story of the homeowner so thanks for sharing that. I really like the coziness of this space. It feels really intimate. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Have a great birthday celebration!

LindsB said...

Such a great inspiration photo. I LOVE the wall color, maybe I need to paint my walls again :)