Destination wishlist...Outstanding in the Field

Technically this is not a destination like my typical wishlist, but there is travel involved. Outstanding in the Field involves a cook, good company and local farms. Here's the story.

Having begun in 1999 the creators travel through North America (and Europe soon!) traveling in this bus.

Working with farmers all over North America, they plan their trip and make way to each destination. Once they arrive set up begins as the food is prepared and guests start to arrive.


Hello gorgeous settings. No table decor needed here with these backgrounds. Imagine the conversations going around this table? Even without food I am ready to buy my tickets! It gets better because then the food is served.

If that doesn't whet the appetite, how about this?

Finally, you get to enjoy something like this as the sun goes down...

Want to know the best part? Most dinners take about six hours for five courses and include wine pairings. I do not think a "farm dinner" has ever looked better. Anyone want to start a farm dinner club outside of Boston with me? I swear I am a good cook!

5 comments

In the Tweeds said...

That looks amazing! I'm totally checking it out to see if they'll ever be in my area!

Hazel said...

Absolutely delightful!! I'd love an invitation!! Love it!

:) Hazel

PS Hosting a giveaway at the moment for 'Bookclub'...
http://hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com/2010/06/hazel-loves-design-book-club-giveaway.html

Lauren said...

This looks like an incredible experience! Definitely checking it out.

Deliciously Organized said...

I'm IN!

Style Maniac said...

that semi-circular table that goes on forever--simply stunning. and that last photo--absolutely magical.

were i in Boston i'd join you in a heartbeat.