Black is the new black!

The CFDA Awards just took place and the red carpet is to fashionable celebs like South Africa is to soccer. While checking out the goods to rate my favorites, I noticed a trend....and it's black. Not only black dresses, but those dresses were decked in sequins. I am officially declaring shiny black the new IT color. Gwyneth Paltrow was by FAR my favorite of the night. The simple hair and make-up put all the emphasis on her amazing dress. Black is one color that stands out in my own wardrobe; and knowing that it is out on the red carpet on a sunny June day has me running to pull out those dresses I "put away for fall".

The other place where black is in....decor! Whether it be painting your kitchen cabinets a shiny black or an accent wall to make it pop, it's truly "in" when decorating your home. Here are some of my favorites!
Jenna Lyons was right on with this trend when decorating her townhouse.

Doesn't this kitchen just make you want to entertain? Although I will admit, I had a black sink in our last place and it's HARD to keep clean.

Not only are walls and cabinets turning up black, but so are the accessories, like this piece from Devon & Devon. Yes please!

Above is one of the best examples of black done "cozy" if you ask me; although, I may just stick to a standout fireplace. One of my very favorite images from Lonny magazine.
                              


(Images via Style.com, Domino, The Kitchen Designer, Devon&Devon, Decorpad, Lonny Magazine)

11 comments

Lindsey said...

black is pretty much my favorite color! Classic and timeless whether it comes to clothes or furniture!

Hazel said...

Love black, it is so classic! I have a strong desire to paint my study black... the only thing stopping me is we are currently leasing! Love the image of Gwyneth in the black sequin dress.. gorgeous!

:) Hazel

Design Esquire said...

Black is a staple of mine too! I love the title of the post - it's perfect.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love it. love black, our car is black. Black always feels fancier no matter what it is.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

Yes indeed! Gwen looked fab- I also liked Molly Sims in a mini dress.

Deliciously Organized said...

Oh to have Jenna Lyons bathroom. Love it.

paula said...

stunning women and stunning spaces. love black, such a classic.

LindsB said...

I have so much to catch up on!

Loving all the black here!

Lauren said...

I certainly see my fair share of black living in NYC, mostly in my closet. However, I never get sick of it! Gweneth looks incredible!

Kristin said...

Gwyneth looked outta this world at the CFDA awards!

Staci Edwards Design said...

Love the Devon & Devon piece!