Longing for a home in the country

Don't get me wrong, the city is where it's at. But after a very long day, I return home to find that our car was towed (why can't street cleaning be the same day for every street?). My first reaction? Rob, we're moving to the country and getting a driveway with a garage. Of course I don't think I really want that either, but since we cannot afford private parking in Boston, I jump right to the "country" bit.

After my short rant (with my wonderful fiance who lovingly went to the creepy tow site to pick up the car) I turned to the internet to find some inspiration. A few minutes later I was pleasantly surprised to find this country house. The home is in NY state and belongs to Martina Arfwidson, who runs the Swedish cosmetics company FACE Stockholm.

Isn't it adorable? The interior is just as great...

These gray floors...amazing. The kitchen ain't too shabby either...


That hanging chair, it's where I wish I could be right now...

(Images from Skona Hem via DesignspirationSK)

8 comments

Fuji Files said...

Ok. Ready to move in. I'll even take the dog. I loove the ceiling beams and the glossy white floors.

xx FujiFiles

monique said...

beautiful! gimme the dog, the floors, the swing on the inside and the house, i'll take it all! although i am so sorry about your car, that is a super bum deal

ashlina said...

im gonna completely agree with you. country living = total bliss, no?

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!
Im a city girl but something i catch myself dreaming of something like that

Haven and Home said...

Oh to have a home like this!

pve design said...

Don't even look back....go for it. We did many years ago and love having a home, a yard, and a garage. Now that is a sweet spot to hang your hat and put up your dogs!
pve

Chic Coles said...

We have a country house and it is such a relaxing space for us! I love this one you featured. Have a great weekend!

Home business said...

It's a perfect place to stay. Best wishes...