Let the light shine in...

I love homes with lots of natural light. My current apartment doesn't offer much of that so when I see homes that have the light shining through, the jealousy sets in. Although we will not be in this apartment forever, I know for one that a future home will have lots of windows and let in the sun. It just makes me...happy.

One thing I have never thought about is making cabinets see through. That's right, cabinets.  When I saw this kitchen designed by Samantha Lyman in Traditional Home this month, I almost lost it. It's so sunny and inviting and letting the pops of color standout in the natural light is BRILLIANT! Every kitchen should incorporate this genius.

Are you sold yet? I'll be honest, I bought the magazine for this one picture. It's now hanging on my bulletin board.  After checking out Samantha's website, I fell in love with all of her work. Some of my other favorites...


I can already picture myself waking up and walking right into this bathroom to get ready. No doubt about it!

Some color peeking out of the island? Samantha finds all the ways to make color work in a neutral kitchen, and she's really, really, good at it!  And last but not least, my future pantry...


5 comments

monique said...

those cabinetsare out of this world! i love them! i think i am going to have to check out samantha's stuff cause i would die in a bathroom like the on you featured! lovelovelove

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Wow - what a talent! Love all these spaces too - especially the first! That IS brilliant!

New to your blog but I'm loving it!

Alaina

Stephanie Sabbe said...

the light is the thing I am most looking forward to in our new place. You don't think about it when you move onto a cute tree lined street, that most of those trees are blocking any chance at any natural daylight...at least on the first floor.

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Gorgeous! Love a sunfilled room! Your blog is great.. I'm a new follower. xoxo

LindsB said...

I would love some sun filled rooms- and these area all so pretty, what great examples!