A touch of modern for the family!

Julie Bowen has been a favorite of mine ever since the days of Happy Gilmore. Now, she's back and better than EVER in Modern Family. Seriously, I am almost in tears every week while watching this show, and if you haven't seen it yet...SET.YOUR.DVR. You will not be disappointed. Her husband, Phil (in the show) is quite possibly the funniest hubby ever, and I often watch and ask Rob if he will please say ridiculous things like this to me when I begin to overreact (which of course, barely happens).

Back to the topic here...Julie...and her home. She hired Molly Luetkemeyer, her sister, to design the home(so lucky).  Normally I'm drawn to interiors with more subdued colors, but with spring right around the corner I am craving a bit more color. This home has the perfect mix of neutrals with standout colors; but take a look for yourself!

How great is the pop of green in the background of the shelvs? Amazing!


(Images via m. design interiors)

10 comments

Design Esquire said...

I love the living room and bedroom. And how lucky is she that her sister is this talented!

SogniSorrisi said...

Such a great and vibrant home.

Jaime said...

Cool home! I love so much- esp the yellow floral wallpaper :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

wow, fun! I like the living area, looks cozy

Chic Coles said...

I just love the elephant print in the first image.

Mi Vida Bonita said...

The bookshelf is styled so WELL! The dining room is gorgeous, I love the red chairs.

MODERN FAMILY is the BEST NEW SHOW EVER!!!! Agreed!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

I love that show - so funny! Her house is so warm and inviting.

Haven and Home said...

Yes I love her!!!! I was so excited to see this in InStyle. Love those green shelves!

paula said...

these do look stunning. I just bought a More magazine because she was on the cover, ha!

Fé... said...

The shelves!!! Ugggghhh, it's too die for. I've got this weak spot when it comes to books...