Work that red carpet...

Last night the Golden Globes played and I watched the red carpet coverage happy that I actually wasn't there in the rain. I was pleasantly surprised with the dress pics as the gorgeous women walked down the (wet) carpet. Although ruffles seem to be in this year, my favorites tended to be more simple and glitzy. Here  are some of my favorites, and not-so-favorite choices, starting with the winner (in my opinion).


The sparkle, shape, color....classic. Heather Graham looks stunning!


Emily Blunt looks so happy here. Of course, I would too if I were on Jim's (John Krasinski's) arm. The ruffles here are just enough, and that color...perfect!


Love January Jones in this simple black dress. So French chic!


I'm not an avid watcher of Glee but I have seen it a few times and Lea Michele knocked it out of the court with this dress!



LOVE this dress, but when did Jennifer Garner get so thin?


This plum number looked fabulous on Sandra Bullock. Not only a great color on her but oh so flattering.


And a few of the not-so-fabulous of the night...


Tina Fey, you are fabulous, hilarious, I love your show but this dress does you no justice. I will, however, commend you on your lovely shoes.


This is the WRONG way to wear ruffles. There, I said it.

Mariah, I wish you had chosen another dress.


Total potential here but those sponge-like additions...not so good

(All images via JustJared as noted and E!Online)

10 comments

Sogni e Sorrisi said...

I found that there were a lot of ladies who looked good, beautiful but not too many gorgeous standouts. Drew's dress had me torn...she didn't look terrible but that stuff on her shoulder looks like those plastic things they put on a "Just Married" sign.

Fé... said...

I found it a bit disappointing that the dresses aren't as glamorous as they usually are. Don't you think so? My favorite is Emily Blunt :)

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

emily blunt looks stunning, she is so glamourous!

LenkaLovee said...

agree with you! those first few are stunning!! wow.. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! :) and those last few? ugh - dont's! wow! :)

paula said...

not sure who emily blunt is, but shes gorgeous.

Donna said...

Why Mariah, why??? She is so beautiful without showing ALL the skin...I think Emily Blunt is my favorite! Thanks for posting...I missed all the action!

Deliciously Organized said...

Lea Michele really did look gorgeous. And, I know Resse Witherspoon plays it safe, but I loved her in that navy dress...she looked perfect!

Marie said...

I agree with you on the dresses...my favorite by far is Emily Blunts!
Also wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Princess award on my blog. Two in one week!

LindsB said...

I think all the ladies who are carrying their own umbrellas look so cute!

Haven and Home said...

Seriously Emily, could you be any luckier????