An office project

Our second bedroom is pretty much used for storage. There is another closet used for storage and, as you can guess, extra clothes. Other than that, we've got a bookshelf, guitar amps, guitars and an old table that Rob's parents gave us. We use the table as a desk but it's difficult since there are no drawers to house your regular desk items. Before Christmas we traveled to IKEA to find something that would give us some storage with the right price tag. Well, I found this and figured it would be perfect. This isn't the cutest looking cabinet, so I found some discounted wallpaper and got to work. After priming, I laid out the pieces to dry...



Afterwards, I measured and cut the paper to match all sides and applied with some Modge Podge, finally ending up with the finished project. (The pictures aren't perfect, but you can get the idea)



I love the light blue with the silver! Now I just have to tackle the "desk" since it needs a paint job. At least now I have a bit more storage.

7 comments

Beth Gales said...

I love it! I could use something like this myself! You did a great job with it!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

good job

LindsB said...

it looks great!! I love all those little drawers, so fun to get everything organized!

Jaime said...

Bravo- fun project :)

LenkaLovee said...

very nice! :)

Deliciously Organized said...

Great piece! I love what you've done with it. Looks wonderful!

paula said...

how creative. I love it.