A week in paradise

It's been a long day back at work playing catch up and I have been in a great mood.  I missed blogging, my fellow bloggers, and I am eager to get back to posting!  I heard that Met Home is dunzo today. What the heck? I won't focus on that right now, but it did bring the mood down a bit. Instead I'll focus on our amazing week that included delicious coffee, some ziplining, and wildlife!

Our week in Costa Rica began by flying into San Jose then off to stay in Heredia at Hotel Bougainvillea. The grounds were gorgeous but unfortunately we only stayed one night. The next morning we woke up to this view.


Next, we departed on a long bus trip to Hotel Sugar Beach on the west coast. This "diamond in the rough" doesn't look like much. After a very long ride and a LONG dirt road that seemed like we were entering the point of no return, we pulled up to the back. After walking out to the front, the private beach made me gasp and say "I may never leave".








Our beach front room had quite the views and we even caught these monkeying around (pun intended).



I will admit that I almost lost it when we were walking along a path and saw this (which I cannot make any bigger because I can barely even look at this picture!).


Finally, our days at the beach were up and we hit the road to take a hike at the Arenal Volcano, which is one of the 10 most active volcanoes in the world.





This may be the longest post ever (for me at least) and promise I am almost done! I want to tell everyone that if you head to Costa Rica in the future go to these hot springs. Built in what I consider the middle of nowhere, our jaws dropped when we saw not only the amazing views but the the springs as well! And yes, we sat in chairs at the bar IN THE SPRINGS! Rob and I are even discussing hitting this up for our honeymoon.............it was that awesome.









I will admit, I was a little scared to go on this journey but it's a trip I will remember forever. If anyone has the chance....GO. You will not regret your decision. The food was delicious and I highly recommend ordering some coffee from here. Cafe Britt is all over Latin America and the coffee and treats are to die for! The perfect week ended with a perfect wedding. Since it took place at night, I am lacking some serious photos but will be sure to post when the bride sends along the real shots.

5 comments

Jaime said...

That pool is AMAZING!

LindsB said...

Seriously, that place doesnt look real?!? I want to go tomorrow! My parents are going in Feb next year and I'm so jealous! Maybe they will pack me in their suitcase.

Welcome back!

Deliciously Organized said...

It's so beautiful! Emily! I'm almost positive I saw you last night at Borders! I was rushing around putting magazines away but I think it was you...was it you?

Welcome back, you were missed!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow it looks like you had an amazing time. Totally jealous! Thanks for sharing all of those pictures!

simply seleta said...

WOW!!!! What an incredible adventure.