Tie-the-Knot Tuesday {Dorothy Draper Style}

Dorothy Draper stepped into the interior design world in the 1920's and made a footprint that is still talked about today.  Elegant Bride Magazine (Fall 2009 issue being the last) created a wedding titled "Peak of Chic" inspired by the designer herself. Not only have I been a fan of Dorothy Draper but this wedding combines the most beautiful colors that create a day to be remembered. Lately I have been feeling more subtle colors for weddings but after seeing these creations, I am ready to go BOLD!







These colors are fabulous! I am dying over the stripes. Love how the tablecloths add a touch in addition to the envelope liners. And the flowers, such gorgeous, rich colors. Not only that, but this can be translated to any party at all. Even a bridal shower or birthday party!

(Images via Elegant Bride)

10 comments

Design Esquire said...

I love all the color too - it just seems so happy!!

paula said...

Love would be an understatement for me. I think I need that tablecloth.

Laura@JourneyChic said...

The bold flowers are great! I love the rich colors, especially the curtains with the floral garden.

LindsB said...

I need to get engaged already so I can just plan my own wedding like this- LOVE it!

Pink to Green said...

I'm dying over the envelope liners with monogram-perfection! Love this, thanks for sharing!!

Deliciously Organized said...

Absolutely stunning. Every single detail is gorgeous! The bright flowers mixed with the black and white stripes are divine.

cassandra @ coco+kelley said...

oh. my. god. THAT BAR! i love it. ok, i love it all. fantastic post!

Kristin said...

That striped tablecloth is so divine!

Jaime said...

Loved this- put in my friday faves post :)

http://laviejaime.blogspot.com/2009/11/friday-faves_20.html

Christina Leigh said...

love love love! So much that I included this gorgeous invitation and place setting in my blog post today! Thank you for the inspiration!

http://tinyurl.com/44v298b

xo Christina Leigh