Who would you be for a day?

I have had some severe writer's block for the past two days. I keep sitting down to blog and after about 10 minutes, I get frustrated and stop. Needing some serious motivation as I walked to work today daydreaming about all the fabulous things I could be doing, I came across a large crowd outside the office. Turns out TOM CRUISE and CAMERON DIAZ are filming a movie right on the street outside! I pushed my way to the front and got oh so close to Jerry McGuire as he was signing autographs and taking pictures. About 3 feet away from my own photo op, Tom decides to turn away to start filming. DAMN. Throughout the day I tried to catch as many glimpses of the takes as possible while deciding I can definitely be an actress. Then, when I saw them shooting a scene for what seemed like the 50th time, I decided maybe I don't want to be an actress.

Instead, I thought it would be fun to compile a list of people who have fabulous jobs (see, I was getting to my point). Since I decided I don't want to be an actress or on Broadway, (not the best voice here people) I figured I'd profile some other amazing talents.


Okay, who doesn't want to be Martha? The woman can do it all, from cooking to organizing to decoupage! I obsess over her magazines, watch her show when I get the chance and even watch her daughter's show which makes fun of Martha (also check out Alexis' blog documenting the biggest reno I have EVER seen). If Martha decides I can't take the job, I will GLADLY take Kevin Sharkey or Darcey Miller's job (decorating and wedding planning here I come!)



I love to eat.  I love to cook.  And I love the Barefoot Contessa!  Every Barefoot recipe I try is tremendous  (in addition to her gorgeous Hamptons' home). Whether it be an easy shrimp dish or some apple turnovers for the fall season, everything she makes is delicious!



The famous Kelly Wearstler. Not only can she put together an exquisite room but she has a to-die-for closet! Love the punch of color that she adds to a space (even though it scares me a bit) and I wish I not only had her job, but this room to call my own...



And finally....Preston Bailey!

Here's a man that can throw a party! Of course, I think this is completely over the top and I'm not even sure I'd enlist his help if I were multi-millionaire (there are people starving out there) but the man is a creative genius. I mean, just take a look at what he's done...


So who would you be for a day??

(Images via Google)

11 comments

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Sorry your Monday started off badly. But a way for it to get 100 times better. Did you every spot Cameron Diaz? I loved the clothes she wore in What happens in Vegas and the Vogue cover shot this summer.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

love this post!

I would be
1. a C list actress (so I could be on Dancing with the Stars)
2. A Victoria Secret model. The Alexandria one because she says she doesn't work out. Their job seems SO easy. Even if they say it's hard, it's not.
3. Oprah.

There are a million others I can't think of right now.

LindsB said...

Martha Stewart or Bella from Twilight, both for obvious reasons haha.

Dressed said...

Off the top of my head, I'm going to say Jenna Lyons but I could go on all night.

Design Esquire said...

To be Barefoot Contessa for a day would awesome, although, her husband Jeffrey seems to get all the perks without doing any of the cooking...

LindsB said...

Oh, if we are doing read world people then Kristen Stewart because she gets to hang out/touch/kiss Robert Pattinson all day long...ahhh swoon :)

Jaime said...

I am not sure who I'd want to be... part of me says someone like Tory Burch (it'd be so fun to design and esp design her clothes!). Part of me says Heidi Klum (what a lovely life she leads right?) and then part of me is like Rachel Zoe (because her styling life seems so fun!).

As for Tom Cruise- legit I was in that crowd when he came across the street...we prob saw each other!! how funny!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh fun game! I would want to be lots of people, but number one would probably be Miles Redd. So yes I would become a man just to see what goes on in his head all day long. He is amazing!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Hah hah! Linds, I agree with you! Bella, definitely. Or that girl on Vampire Diaries - those two vamps are hot. :) I wouldn't mind being Giselle - hot and married to Tom Brady. :-)

Emily said...

All your ladies crack me up and I love this game! Now if we go imaginary, I will be Bella too but Heidi Klum, Giselle or a Victoria's Secret model at on my list too.

I could play this game all day and oftentimes I do...

Deliciously Organized said...

Oh my gosh! I have no idea...I think so many jobs look so glamorous but then I find out that they are not. I'll have to get back to you. But I'm loving Stephanie's choices...she cracks me up!