Tie-the-Knot Tuesday {invitations}

This past weekend Rob and I hit the road with my mom to check out a few wedding venues. Since Boston is an expensive city, we're looking to find a site in Connecticut. Nothing has been decided as of yet but as of now we're aiming for a date next October or November. Once the decision is made, I'll let everyone know! This process is VERY exciting for me but overwhelming at the same time. It's so easy to see how weddings can become ridiculously expensive! After seeing a few venues, I am having an easier time imagining the kind of wedding I want to have but there is one area of planning with TOO MANY options....INVITATIONS. I swear every other day I find my "dream" invites and of course it's all going to come down to cost and ease of DIY cases. Yes, this girl is going to attempt and create her own invites so here are samples of what I've been saving in my inspiration folder...




To me, Martha can do no wrong. I have definitely decided that I need pink on my big day...just not sure how much yet!

Love the envelopes!


The nature inspired themes here are so pretty!





The colors here are sooo cheerful!

These were done as a DIY project and I think they are fabulous!!

So elegant and I love the shimmer to the paper. Hopefully I'll be able to narrow down my favorites. Be sure to check out these sites for stationary in general whether it be ideas for holiday cards or thank-you notes!

(Images via: Martha Stewart Weddings, Sycamore Street Press, Project Wedding, Oh So Beautiful Paper, Oh So Beautiful Paper,  My Wedding Report, Posh Paperie)

10 comments

Deliciously Organized said...

I can't even imagine having to make a decision like this. I love them all? Shoot. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I really like the series with the numbers next to each one. -carlee

Blair said...

Love the color scheme in that second to last set!

Rachel Follett said...

I really like the nature inspired ones too!

LindsB said...

I love all these choices, I dont know you will ever pick just one!

So so great to meet you last night, we will have to do it again very soon!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

These are such pretty options! Good for you for trying to DIY the invitations. That's the one bit of stationery that I didn't DIY because I found it too intimidating!

Great to meet you last night!

Jaime said...

Those are all so pretty! I bet it's so hard to choose..

I found your blog through Deliciously Organized...I am also a Boston blogger! I will add you to my Boston/MA blog roll.

Check out my blog- laviejaime.blogspot.com
and I have a giveaway that ends tonight!

:) Jaime

jessica lynn said...

there are waaayyy too many invitations to choose from in the world! ha! its like a rite of passage for every bride to be! :) good luck!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh wow there are so many choices. It would super hard for me to make a decision! I can't wait to see what you pick!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Which one will it be. So hard. Good luck.

Jenna said...

That is such a tough decision! Oyy veyy. So many pretties to choose. You will have fabulous invites, Im sure.