A place to rest your head

Since moving I have been thinking about the type of bedroom I want to sleep in at night. Not only do we need to buy a new bed but I would love a pretty headboard as well. It's tough to decide what kind of look to go for when there are so many pretty pictures and options out there. Most likely I will have a DIY headboard until we can afford more but in the meantime, here are some pictures where I have found inspiration.

Whether it be pops of color or a detail like nailheads, these rooms are cozy and definitely pushing me to tackle this project!






(Images via House Beautiful and M.A. Belle)

11 comments

carlee said...

I've always loved that last photo. It's such a hard decision. I love the idea of a print, but I think I may get sick of it over time. The nailhead and tufted are also amazing.

Beautiful inspiration photos. I'm sure whatever you pick will be perfect!

LindsB said...

I love Michelle's headboard, the fabric is just beautiful!!

Design Esquire said...

I love all these ideas! I made an upholstered headboard for my guest bedroom and it wasn't that hard. The nice thing about doing it yourself is that you can change out the fabric pretty easily later if you want to change the look of your room.

Jaime said...

Cool headboards- I feel like a headboard can really make a bedroom.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

I love the look and coziness of upholstered headboards! The third image is my absolute favorite!

Good luck with your decision and possible DIY project!

You have a lovely blog, by the way :)

The Blushing Hostess said...

I love that pink and neutral room with the huge headboard, I would just hang out there and practice swooning and big drama!

Rachel Follett said...

Such great headboards. I would be happy with any one of those! You will have to show us what you end up doing!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Ohhh you have some of my all time favorite bedrooms! Especially love the Rubie Green headboard and coverlet...so charming!
XX Kate

Blair said...

My vote is for the rubie green upholstered headboard:) But they are all lovely options. xx

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

You have a lovely blog! I liked the first and second headboard.

Haven and Home said...

Love that nailhead!