And the award goes to...

The lovely Design Esquire named Perfectly Put Together on her Honest Scrap Award this week and I could not be more excited! Between this award and meeting some stellar bloggers out there (everything LEB, sabbeSPOT, Deliciously Organized and JourneyChic) I  have been able to make it through the week despite lots of work!




Here are the rules I must follow, upon receiving this award:


1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Finally, here are the "10 Honest Things" about me!
1) I have been a vegetarian for 8 years (although I do eat fish)
2) Next fall I am getting married!
3) I may subscribe to 10 magazines (yes, it's true and I hate to admit it)
4) While growing up I moved with my family twice.
5) I studied abroad in both London and Spain
6) I have met Natalie Portman
7) Love a good Broadway musical; my favorite is Aida
8) I played the piano for 10 years and wish I had never stopped!
9) Not sure how I would survive life without my sisters; they are my best friends!
10) Dave Matthews has kissed me on the cheek (I swear this is true. When I was abroad he was at a store signing autographs. We figured we might as well ask since we'd never see him again and it worked!)

Along with the fabulous blogs I listed above, I'd like to include these ladies whose daily posts I love:

- Chichi and Luxe
- Delight By Design
- bryn alexandra
- Dwellings and Decor

Hope you all enjoyed!

9 comments

Maria Killam said...

I was raised a vegetarian! And I can't live without my sisters either! Great post!

Design Esquire said...

You're welcome! I love your "honest things"! That is so awesome that you studied abroad in two places - they must have been incredible experiences. Thanks for playing along! I hope you have a great weekend.

LindsB said...

ummm, totally jealous about Dave- he's a cutie!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

my little brother met Dave at a store he worked at in high school. He said his co-worker (a girl) asked for his autograph and he wrote "dear so and so, nice boobs, love Dave"

He probably loved kissing you on the cheek :)

Emily said...

Stephanie, did he really write that? I'm thinking his wife should be worried, just based on your story and mine. oh boy!

Deliciously Organized said...

Such a sweet post! I'm the same way with my sisters, I couldn't live without them.

Jill said...

Love this post. Very sincere. And I must say, I don't know what I'd do without you and Julie!

pve design said...

Emily,
I played piano too, and of course knew that I was more gifted for art, but I played the flute, our mother always encouraged and exposed us to so much for which I am forever grateful.
I hope you will make room in your life for a piano and perhaps teach on the side.
Now, tell us all about Natalie....star struck!
pve

Blair said...

Awww! Thank you. So impressed with your vegitarian diet--I keep telling myself I am going to become one and then I always cheat:/ Oh, and I am sucker for broadway musicals too!