Would you like fries with that burger?

This week I made these cute mini burgers. My mother and sisters and I have been making these for years and they are always a huge hit at summer parties.


Aren't they cute? The nice thing about these is that everyone that sees them think it takes hours to make, when in fact they take less than an hour to make. Here are the steps in you are interested!

You will need:

1 package of Nilla Wafers
Coconut
Green Food Coloring
Mini Peppermint Patties
White Frosting
Honey
Sesame Seeds


To put together:

1) Take the coconut and add to a bowl with green food coloring. This becomes the "lettuce" and I always just make a small bowl full. You can always make more if need be. Set aside.
2) Lay out the cookies (flat side up) and frost as many as you are looking to make; frost and top each one with a Peppermint Patty. Set aside.
3) Take equal number of cookies that already have the patties and frost again; top with "lettuce" and set it on top of the half-made "burgers".
4) With all burgers put together, top each one with a tiny dot of honey and spread.
5) Sprinkle with sesame seeds and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Easy enough, right? Of course you can add other ingredients if you prefer, such as red food coloring to frosting for "ketchup" or a "tomato". I often just lay the number out that I will make, complete each step, and put the "burger" together!



I wish I knew where this recipe originally came from but it's been years and I haven't a clue!

5 comments

LindsB said...

I totally thought those were burgers till I read what was in them! They are so cute, what a great idea :)

Stephanie Sabbe said...

so cute! this would be great at a kid's birthday party.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh yummy! They look amazing and I love everything that you put in them. I must try this out!

Emily said...

I should mention these taste REALLY good too! People are often surprised at how good they are.

so.chi said...

omigosh those are the cutest things i have ever seen!!!