A very special team

My mother and I (along with my two sisters) are updating a few rooms in my parents' house. Recently, we've been working on the master bath (more to come soon!) and I must admit it's coming along quite nicely. We email daily and although we're not all close geographically, we never lose touch. Actually, my sister in Chicago refers to us as "galaxy glue" and if you've ever seen The Incredible Shrinking Woman, you'll know what I mean.

But I digress....

This mother-daughter design team is simply ah-mazing and these photos went right into my inspiration folder. They exude that calm, yet comfortable look that I love....and best part: I found them on this great blog (which I am now trying to talk my mother and sisters into!)


Like how they incorporated children's toys in here? And the mini chairs below? Perfect for a rainy day tea party!

All I have to say here is, a dash of pink makes EVERYTHING work!


This table is fantastic! I have no idea what's on the top there but I am now on a search.

(Images via Robyn Karp Interiors)

6 comments

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Thanks for linking over to us! That was very sweet. Don't you just LOVE Robyn Karp Interiors? They are such amazing designers! Your blog is so great and we love that your in Boston!

Design Esquire said...

Great post, I love all of these images!

To answer your question, I am loving the book (My Life in France). Julia Child's personality really shines through. She was an incredible woman, and I bet the movie will be fantastic too. And, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your blog (and that's awesome you're in Boston too!).

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Your style looks somewhat Johnathan Adlerish, kind of Hollywood Regency minus the gold. Did you know they are opening one of his retail stores here in the fall?

LindsB said...

What beautiful images- post pics when you are done your rooms :)

Emily said...

Thanks all! Design Esquire, I am running out to get that book. I'll keep you updated.

Pink Wallpaper said...

what great images! i am dying over that lucite chair...thanks for visiting my blog!