Over a few blocks and up the street

That's where we'll be moving this weekend. It's not far away and hopefully things will go smoothly. I am looking around at all the packed boxes and those that are still empty and suddenly have a headache. Is there any easy way to go about this? Well of course there is but it includes a handful of men to come move for us which of course we don't want to pay for right now. So, we're going about this on our own and honestly, I cannot WAIT for it to be over.

Would love all of my packed boxes to be fit together just right like these. I promise this is NOT the look I have going on right now.
Tonight I am taking a break and looking for all the perfect ways to organize not only moving, but my life in general. If only I started this early enough to have purchased some of these...


Your basic, durable, plastic bins from none other than Target. They come in all sizes and stack together when empty. Love them!

Although the large bins are useful for moving, the possibilities for storage in small spaces are endless. Whether it be a great shoe organizer (just stack so they hold everything) or magazine holder from IKEA...

Or storage like this chest made out of banana fibers (yes, you read that correctly). I also love these green boxes that come in different sizes. Perfect for storing CD's, movies, magazines or anything else you can think of!

While I was browsing the other storage on the site, I could not help but get excited about these storage tins that will fit in almost any setting, be it a kitchen, living room, office or bedroom.


Last but not least, who doesn't love The Container Store? Whenever I am going on a trip or need a new way to organize something in the home, it's my go-to. These colored bins are perfect for a coat closet. I use mine to store the winter scarves and mittens. The acrylic jewelry posts I could not resist. They display colorful jewelry by letting it stand out!

The acrylic trays are perfect for a desk drawer or jewelry as well!

Last but not least, a completely organized craft room. One I wish I could run to after work to whip up something fun! So how do you love organizing?

9 comments

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Good luck! I have all of my jewelry organized on the bracelet holders and jewelry containers...makes my life so much easier!

Design Esquire said...

I need to get my act together with storage too. Thanks for all the inspiration, and good luck with the move! I hope it doesn't rain on you too much this weekend.

Deliciously Organized said...

Can't get out of the container store without spending a pretty penny! I think from my blog you know that my sister and I are obsessed with organizing! Love this post! –carlee

paula said...

I just adore organization, odd I know. Congrats on your engagement too.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

I love the green one. I've been eyeing those at IKEA my past two trips. I'm going to be working at the Appleton Bakery.

Julie said...

I love to lay out my make-up on those acrylic trays from the Container Store...it makes my morning so much easier when I can just grab what's in front of me and not search around for that favorite brush!

Beth Gales said...

you are inspiring me to get organized! yay! thanks!

Blushing hostess said...

I love that woven basket, and there is nothign i dislike more than moving so I am wishing you good luck!

Blueprint Bliss said...

I love anything that helps me organize. I've been on a mission to organize my home office lately. I'm pleased with it--- but it's nothing like that craft room. Oh.my.gosh. Love it.

Just bought some of those tins from Ikea last week... they are great!