One overwhelming week

This week has been overwhelming to say the least. After we got engaged (YAY!) we are now packing (yes, and moving in a week) and I have a mother and two sisters that are READY to plan a wedding. I could not be happier but need a breathe of cool (yes, our AC broke also so it's HOT in here) air. Sitting with some iced tea and these pics are just what I need to relax.....

I recently saw a Ralph Lauren Home email in my Inbox and decided to take a gander. I came across the Mayfair Collection and can honestly look at these pictures ALL.DAY.LONG. Of course I cannot (and probably will not) ever be able to afford anything like these, but I figure since I am in a dreamy state-of-mind this week, I'll just stay there for a few more days...

This chest would make a lovely bedside table, don't you think? I have an old chest with gold that I may make into a coffee table but this one with the raffia makes me swoon!
Love the dividers used to dress the room!
This room has so much eye candy. The molding, the coffee table, those curtains, that chandalier......
I want to reupholster a chair to look like THIS. I am guessing this may be tough for a beginner, no?
One word: lamps
Love a dainty table like this for a vanity or in a bathroom. So ladylike and pretty.
(Images: Ralph Lauren Home)

9 comments

Design Esquire said...

Congratulations! How exciting!! I got married in Boston almost 2 years ago. If you're going to get married around here, I would be happy to let you know the vendors I used (I was very happy with just about everyone). But, it sounds like your mom and sister may have everything under control :)

Congrats again!

Haven and Home said...

Congrats!!!! How fun to be engaged!

These pictures are GORG! I want that chest and I want to look like the lady lounging on the chair. Is that too much to ask?

sarah @ realestatestyle said...

I too love the chest, and I love the dog!

Rachel Follett said...

Congrats on your engagement! That is so exciting! Thanks for sharing such lovely inspiration!

Alexis said...

Congrats! I can not wait to see what you have planned. I am sure it is going to be fabulous.

Michelle said...

Congrats!! Soak these moments up.

The explosion of white and gray of these interiors is so beautiful...

Julie said...

Beautiful, Em! You have quite the eye!

Deliciously Organized said...

Congrats!!! New to your blog! I love the trunk! The dining room is gorgeous. What pretty pictures...

Look forward to more posts from you. –carlee

Fé... said...

Emily.....
Weddding... Wow, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing! Congratz darling...
You can start writing your very own diary-of-a-mad-bride, I suppose :)