Have you seen the new IKEA yet?

I found this article today and figured I would add a post here before our internet is turned off and moved. IKEA apparently changed their font and the new look is showcased in the new catalog. I haven't received it yet but has anyone else noticed?Based on the pictures, I think I prefer the old font and it appears many other do as well.  It appears that most online customers just think it's plain old ugly!

Branding is so important today for all companies. IKEA was actually listed on the list of Best Global Brands. Pepsi recently changed their logo a bit and I'm not sure how well it was received, but what do you think? Have you seen the new IKEA catalog and did you notice?

5 comments

Design Esquire said...

I think I just threw the catalogue away, so I didn't notice the change. But, why would they mess with something so well established?

By the way, I hope your move went well (and you stayed as dry as possible!).

LindsB said...

I'm so excited for the Ikea in Sommerville to open, wooohoooo storage supplies much closer!

Blushing hostess said...

We waited and waited while we lived in boston for it to get there, that project is Somerville has taken a lifetime...

sarah @ realestatestyle said...

I didn't get the catalog, but probably wouldn't have noticed

Kristin said...

I got the catalog but didn't even notice. Hmmmmmm