Design Star Update

Has everyone been watching HGTV Design Star? I profiled some of the contestants here, here and here and I am sad to say that all of those I reviewed are no longer on the show (with one not even making the show from the start!). As of now, I have no idea who is going to win but I must admit, I like Tony and Dan. Both men are VERY handy when it comes to construction and have a special eye for detail. I have a feeling that one of them will be the winner. Dan didn't have a great room last night but has proven from the beginning that he has what it takes. Here are a few reminders of what both Tony and Dan have accomplished on their own. Tony's first project alone on the White Room. The judges were impressed but mentioned it lacked something. Definitely not my favorite.

Dan's space for the White Room = amazing. I am amazed that he came up with this after purchasing some apples and firewood at the grocery store. Not bad at all!

Tony's space for the kids' room. I think the cutout of the child is adorable and the "cave" came out great

Dan's kids' room was a downgrade (in my opinion) from what we've seen in the past but I still think he's a force to be reckoned with here. So who's your favorite?
(Images from HGTV.com)

5 comments

Torie Jayne said...

I wish we had this show, I like Dan's space for the White room best, Have a great Tuesday! x

Blushing hostess said...

I was bummed about Layla and have not watch since, thank you for the update!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of HGTV's design star. Dan is my favorite with his design for the white room.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

ha, ha, I have seen Drop Dead Fred. This Friday I actually kept calling my friend's boyfriend Drop Dead Fred (his name is Fred)

so.chic said...

Dan's white room design was AWESOME. I'm hoping he has some more fabulous designs ahead!