Bon Appetit!

This weekend I went to see Julie & Julia at the theater. I have never been a big fan of Julia Child but always heard of her growing up. A friend of mine worked at a restaurant in Boston during college. Julia happened to be visiting since the owner was a friend of hers and when she arrived, my friend was told to get her in the elevator. Well, it was one of the old fashioned ones where you have to use a crank to make it move, and my friend actually got it stuck. Everything worked out, but it was a great story. But going back to the movie, it was simply wonderful! I fell in love with the charaters and ran out today to get the book "My Life in France". I already started it and can say it does not disappoint (I will be sure to update when I finish reading!).



Without giving too many details, I will let you know some things I learned:

1) It's never too late to start doing something you love.
2) Never complain about the size of a kitchen (this chef did not have a state-of-the-art kitchen and neither did Julie who blogged about her cooking experiences); if there's a will, there's a way!
3) It's possible to love what you do while loving someone you're with. Julia loved food and her husband and was able to make both a marriage and a new career work.

And finally, a quote from the chef herself:
I think the inner person is the most important. ... I would like to see an invention that keeps the mind alert. That's what is important.

2 comments

Chic Coles (Cole Design) said...

ooh! I am so excited to see this! We are on vacation in NH right now, but cannot wait to see it when we get home! I bet it was very good! Also cannot wait to read her books! Thanks for the review!

Blueprint Bliss said...

I can't wait to see this... I am planning to finish the book tonight.